Aircraft Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
What is the course all about?
- Learn how aircraft and their systems work.
- Get hands-on avionic electrical and mechanical engineering experience.
- Work in a diverse, disciplined and highly regulated environment
- Earn a level 6 QQI advanced Certificate and an EASA part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License.
What do Aircraft Technicians do?
Aircraft Technicians inspect, maintain and repair airframe structures, engines, electrical and avionics systems.
What do I get out of this Apprenticeship?
After successful completion of this Apprenticeship the apprentice will receive an EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence from the Irish Aviation Authority. Then you will be able to get a Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate from Solas.
How Long does the apprenticeship take?
A minimum of 4 years, the apprenticeship has both practical hands on and classroom base aspects. The apprenticeship consists of 7 phases:
- 4 On-the-Job Phases with Dublin Aerospace.
- 3 Off-the-Job Phases with the Education & Training Boards
What does it take to be an Aircraft Technician?
- You must have a desire to work with your hands, a keen interest in the aviation industry and a positive attitude to studying and work.
- The ability to understand technical information and diagrams is important.
- You must also be able to follow written instructions and record actions taken.
- Good teamwork is a key quality.
- Taking responsibility for your own learning, including the allocation of study time.
What do I need to apply?
You need to have at least a “C” at Ordinary Level or “D” at Higher Level in the Junior Certificate (or equivalent) in one sitting in the required subjects.
In the Leaving Certificate at least a “D” at Ordinary Level in the required subjects.
NOTE: Please see website for a list of the required subjects.
- Over 18 years of age upon commencement of the apprenticeship.
- Permitted to live in Ireland without restriction
- Full security and background check
- Colour vision and medical assessment.
You should receive an email acknowledging your application within 24 hours (if you apply on a weekday) or the next working day (if you apply on the weekend). If you do not receive one please contact the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org