NDT Level 2 Trainee – Base Maintenance
In order to meet the company’s ambitious growth plans an opportunity now exists for a training position in the Base Maintenance NDT Section. The intention is that the successful candidate will obtain NDT Level 2 and allow them to work in the Base Maintenance Department.
Reporting to the Level 3 NDT Manager the successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Undergoing required training and gaining relevant hands-on experience to attain EN4179 NDT Level 2 qualification and certification in any required NDT Methods;
- Perform duties both at and away from base as assigned by the NDT Check Leader, ensuring that all work is completed in a timely fashion and meets the delivery requirements of the customer;
- Ensuring work is carried out to the highest standard and ensuring the safety of the aircraft at all times;
- Use the IT systems available as directed throughout the department to log the work they complete;
- Ensuring that all work performed is recorded on the appropriate paperwork and signed for on a progressive basis;
- Ensuring that the area they work in is kept clean and in an orderly condition;
- Adhere to all company, regulatory and Health and Safety procedures;
- Adhere to the relevant airport regulations and procedures.
- A willingness to travel abroad for training and work purposes;
- A good knowledge of Maths and Physics;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and technical instructions from the relevant manuals;
- Ability to work within a team, and on their own initiative, be self motivated and flexible in their approach to work;
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills;
- Willingness to up-skill and recertify on an on-going basis;
- A good sense of commercial awareness;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written;
- Be able to pass a 5 year security background check;
- Permitted to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction.
- Have a working knowledge of aircraft structures and product technology;
- A good knowledge of an MRO computer system, preferably Visaer;
- Have a full driving licence.
Dublin Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
WE DO NOT REQUIRE THE ASSISTANCE OF RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AT THIS TIME
You should receive an email acknowledging your application within 24 hours (if you apply on a weekday) or the next working day (if you apply on the weekend). If you do not receive one please contact the HR Department: email@example.com